There are rumors stirring that Netflix may have acquired a new solid series, and the rumors are true. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments was just picked up by Netflix, but there are a few twists that go along with this.
If you are unfamiliar about Shadowhunters, then you may want to hear a little bit about this exciting series. The show is based off of a few different pieces of entertainment already. Shadowhunters is a TV adaption of a novel by Cassandra Clare. The bestselling novel series is titled The Mortal Instruments, and was such a hit that in 2013 there was a film spin-off. The film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, was directed by Harald Zwartz, and starred Lily Collins who most know from The Blind Side, or Mirror Mirror. The film was successful, which is why there will now be a television series.
Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments follows Clary Fray, a girl who on her 18th birthday discovers a secret about her bloodline that she had no idea about, until now. Clary finds out that she is in a long bloodline of shadow hunters. A shadow hunter is a human being that carries angelic blood inside themselves. The shadow hunters’ duty is to protect normal human beings from demonic creatures that are looking to harm the human beings. When Clary finds out that her mother, Jocelyn, has been taken by an enemy of her past, she feels she must do everything in her power to save her. Clary just found out about her special abilities and duties, and is already forced into situations she is unaware of how to solve, so she seeks the guidance of someone who knows shadow hunting a bit better than she does from Jace Wayland. Clary now must learn how to become a shadow hunter, but also is on a new journey of her adult life to help her discover who she really is and about this bloodline she never knew about.
The series sounds amazing already, but before it premieres on Netflix, the series will premiere on ABC Family on January 13th, 2016. The Shadowhunters series will premiere on Netflix the following day, January 14th, 2016. The sad new is that the U.S. is completely excluded from receiving this glorious new series, at least for now. The U.S. is often the first country to receive a new series or film, and the other countries usually get the content within the next few months. We are thinking this could be a possibility, so the U.S. may not completely miss out, but as of now, the U.S. is excluded from receiving Shadowhunters.
Hopefully, in time, we will all be able to watch this great series. Fingers crossed, because this is a good one!
Netflix Original Series 2016 Release Schedule
Netflix recently announced premiere dates for several upcoming comedy series and kids series; the renewal of its acclaimed drama Marvel’s Jessica Jones; and casting on the highly-anticipated series Black Mirror.
The full list of 2016 Netflix Original series release dates is below.
- Love (Feb. 11, 3:01 a.m. ET/12:01 PT), an “unflinching” relationship comedy starring Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs (Community), produced by Judd Apatow.
- Fuller House, the sequel to the 1990s sitcom, debuts Feb. 26.
- House of Cards, Kevin Spacey’s political drama, returns for a fourth season March 4.
- Flaked (March 11), an eight-episode comedy starring Will Arnett (Arrested Development) as Chip, a “celebrated long-time resident” of Venice, Calif., a beach community near Los Angeles, where he “falls for the object of his best friend’s fascination” and does “”his honest best to stay one step ahead of his own lies.”
- The Ranch (April 1), a multi-camera comedy reuniting That ’70s Show’s Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson. Kutcher stars as a failed semipro football player who returns home to a family ranch in Colorado, where his brother (Masterson), dad (Sam Elliott) and mom (Debra Winger). live.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (April 15), the second season of an NBC-produced comedy about a woman (Ellie Kemper) who escapes from a cult after 15 years and starts a new life in New York. Tituss Burgess and Jane Krakowski co-star in the series, co-produced by Tina Fey.
- Marseilles (May 5), a French series starring Gerard Depardieu as a mayor enmeshed in a power struggle.
- Grace and Frankie (May 6), the second season of the comedy starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as women whose husbands leave them to start their own gay relationship. The series, from Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann, also stars Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen.
- Orange is the New Black (June 17), the fourth season following the female inmates of Litchfield prison.
- Stranger Things (July 15), an eight-episode series about a boy who vanishes, in a mystery that involves “top-secret experiments, supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.” Winona Ryder is among its stars.
- The Get Down (Aug. 12), Baz Luhrmann’s musical drama set in 1970s New York City. Jimmy Smits, Giancarlo Esposito and Jaden Smith are in the cast. But only the first six episodes will be released on that date.
New Netflix Originals Coming in 2016
As we watched Netflix grow immensely for the year of 2015, we can only expect that 2016 will be even better. The site continues to surprise us with new content, new films, newly developed shows, early releases, but best of all – Netflix Originals. Netflix originals are created by Netflix, for Netflix. The site would not be where it is now, and would not have the earnings it did for this year without the Netflix originals. The site has given us some insight on what to expect for 2016, and we have it for you.
Enjoy the 2016 sneak preview list of what you should expect from Netflix this year:
- Degrassi: Next Class – January 15
- Chelsea Does – January 23
- Even After High: Dragon Games – January 29 – (Kids show)
- Pee Wee’s Big Holiday – March
- Bottersnikes & Grumbles – (Kids show)
- Chelsea Handler Talk Show
- The Crown
- Danger Mouse – (Kids show)
- Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan and Jane – (Kids show)
- Fuller House
- The Get Down
- Justin Time: The New Adventures – (Kids show)
- Kazoops! – (Anime)
- Kong – King of the Apes – (Kids shows)
- Kulipari: An Army of Frogs – (Kids show)
- The Magic School Bus – (Kids show)
- Marvel’s Luke Cage
- The OA
- Popples – (Kids show)
- The Ranch
- Some Assembly Required- (Kids show)
- Stranger Things
- Trailer Park Boys
- Winx Club WOW: World of Winx – (Kids show)
- World Party – (Kids show)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny – February 26
- Special Correspondents
- War Machine
A New Season of ‘New Girl’ is Coming to Netflix Streaming
Get excited, because you heard correctly, a new season of New Girl is coming to Netflix streaming during the new year of 2016!
If you are a New Girl fan you probably already have binge watched the available three seasons on Netflix already a few hundred times, just waiting for season 4. Season 4 has premiered on television some time ago, but we started to lose hopes when months passed and it was still not on Netflix streaming. We even questioned if New Girl would be one of the television shows to be removed from Netflix, but this is not the case.
The 4th season of New Girl IS coming to Netflix streaming on January 5th, which makes complete sense because the 5th season of New Girl premieres on Fox on January 5th also.
We are not only excited for the 4th season now, but also excited to know that a 5th season is happening and will be on Netflix by Summer, hopefully.
Enjoy seasons 1-3 on Netflix now, and prepare for #4!
Netflix Hacks4 years ago
The Netflix ID Bible – Every Category on Netflix
New Releases On Netflix2 years ago
Netflix New Releases May 2017
Top Lists3 years ago
The Best TV Shows On Netflix – 2016 Guide
What To Watch3 years ago
Westerns To Watch On Netflix
Top Lists3 years ago
The Best Movies On Netflix – Official 2016 Guide
Top Lists3 years ago
Best Documentaries On Netflix – March 2016
New Releases On Netflix2 years ago
April 2017 Netflix New Releases
What To Watch4 years ago
Is 2015 film ‘Home’ Available on Netflix?