As many have seen, the Netflix company is always growing and expanding to other countries. After all, who wouldn’t want endless amounts of movies and series to stream and help them procrastinate all day? Just recently, Netflix expanded to New Zealand and the whole movement was a big deal! Could Netflix really be coming to China?
This week, the Netflix company talked with multiple Chinese broadcasting companies about expanding to the massively populated Asian country, also known as, China. The talk of business is just in the beginning stage, but is a continued topic for Netflix and the Chinese broadcasting companies everyday. The vice president of BesTV New Media Co., a Chinese based broadcasting company in Shanghai was very eager to be in business with Netflix, along with other broadcasting companies, such as, Wasu Media Holding Co., but the country’s government has some main concerns.
America is not as strict on their censoring as many other countries are, such as China. The Chinese government does not want specific content, such as politics, sex, and violence to be openly exposed and become a part of the Chinese lifestyle. Government and other groups worry for such explicit content to be exposed, as they have worked so hard to keep certain online content censored and away, especially with their constantly changing and new online restrictions. The executive of Wasu said, “America’s content industry is very different from China’s.”
House of Cards, a popular series on Netflix, is already in China for two seasons. The breaking between the seasons allows the Chinese officials to be able to ban or censor materials so that it does not upset the government and the people who support the government. Sadly, due to the time breaking between episodes, this makes the people impatient and creates piracy before the officials can preview and agree on the show or not. China became the biggest piracy download country, all because of the House of Cards season 3.
Netflix can only hope they receive the green light to bring their content to China. The Netflix company has had many meetings with Chinese officials since January 2015, which is looking positive. Hopefully, by 2016, China will have open access to Netflix! Fingers crossed!
Netflix Original Series 2016 Release Schedule
Netflix recently announced premiere dates for several upcoming comedy series and kids series; the renewal of its acclaimed drama Marvel’s Jessica Jones; and casting on the highly-anticipated series Black Mirror.
The full list of 2016 Netflix Original series release dates is below.
- Love (Feb. 11, 3:01 a.m. ET/12:01 PT), an “unflinching” relationship comedy starring Paul Rust and Gillian Jacobs (Community), produced by Judd Apatow.
- Fuller House, the sequel to the 1990s sitcom, debuts Feb. 26.
- House of Cards, Kevin Spacey’s political drama, returns for a fourth season March 4.
- Flaked (March 11), an eight-episode comedy starring Will Arnett (Arrested Development) as Chip, a “celebrated long-time resident” of Venice, Calif., a beach community near Los Angeles, where he “falls for the object of his best friend’s fascination” and does “”his honest best to stay one step ahead of his own lies.”
- The Ranch (April 1), a multi-camera comedy reuniting That ’70s Show’s Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson. Kutcher stars as a failed semipro football player who returns home to a family ranch in Colorado, where his brother (Masterson), dad (Sam Elliott) and mom (Debra Winger). live.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (April 15), the second season of an NBC-produced comedy about a woman (Ellie Kemper) who escapes from a cult after 15 years and starts a new life in New York. Tituss Burgess and Jane Krakowski co-star in the series, co-produced by Tina Fey.
- Marseilles (May 5), a French series starring Gerard Depardieu as a mayor enmeshed in a power struggle.
- Grace and Frankie (May 6), the second season of the comedy starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as women whose husbands leave them to start their own gay relationship. The series, from Friends co-creator Marta Kauffmann, also stars Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen.
- Orange is the New Black (June 17), the fourth season following the female inmates of Litchfield prison.
- Stranger Things (July 15), an eight-episode series about a boy who vanishes, in a mystery that involves “top-secret experiments, supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.” Winona Ryder is among its stars.
- The Get Down (Aug. 12), Baz Luhrmann’s musical drama set in 1970s New York City. Jimmy Smits, Giancarlo Esposito and Jaden Smith are in the cast. But only the first six episodes will be released on that date.
New Netflix Originals Coming in 2016
As we watched Netflix grow immensely for the year of 2015, we can only expect that 2016 will be even better. The site continues to surprise us with new content, new films, newly developed shows, early releases, but best of all – Netflix Originals. Netflix originals are created by Netflix, for Netflix. The site would not be where it is now, and would not have the earnings it did for this year without the Netflix originals. The site has given us some insight on what to expect for 2016, and we have it for you.
Enjoy the 2016 sneak preview list of what you should expect from Netflix this year:
- Degrassi: Next Class – January 15
- Chelsea Does – January 23
- Even After High: Dragon Games – January 29 – (Kids show)
- Pee Wee’s Big Holiday – March
- Bottersnikes & Grumbles – (Kids show)
- Chelsea Handler Talk Show
- The Crown
- Danger Mouse – (Kids show)
- Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan and Jane – (Kids show)
- Fuller House
- The Get Down
- Justin Time: The New Adventures – (Kids show)
- Kazoops! – (Anime)
- Kong – King of the Apes – (Kids shows)
- Kulipari: An Army of Frogs – (Kids show)
- The Magic School Bus – (Kids show)
- Marvel’s Luke Cage
- The OA
- Popples – (Kids show)
- The Ranch
- Some Assembly Required- (Kids show)
- Stranger Things
- Trailer Park Boys
- Winx Club WOW: World of Winx – (Kids show)
- World Party – (Kids show)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny – February 26
- Special Correspondents
- War Machine
A New Season of ‘New Girl’ is Coming to Netflix Streaming
Get excited, because you heard correctly, a new season of New Girl is coming to Netflix streaming during the new year of 2016!
If you are a New Girl fan you probably already have binge watched the available three seasons on Netflix already a few hundred times, just waiting for season 4. Season 4 has premiered on television some time ago, but we started to lose hopes when months passed and it was still not on Netflix streaming. We even questioned if New Girl would be one of the television shows to be removed from Netflix, but this is not the case.
The 4th season of New Girl IS coming to Netflix streaming on January 5th, which makes complete sense because the 5th season of New Girl premieres on Fox on January 5th also.
We are not only excited for the 4th season now, but also excited to know that a 5th season is happening and will be on Netflix by Summer, hopefully.
Enjoy seasons 1-3 on Netflix now, and prepare for #4!
Netflix Hacks4 years ago
The Netflix ID Bible – Every Category on Netflix
New Releases On Netflix2 years ago
Netflix New Releases May 2017
Top Lists3 years ago
The Best TV Shows On Netflix – 2016 Guide
What To Watch3 years ago
Westerns To Watch On Netflix
Top Lists3 years ago
The Best Movies On Netflix – Official 2016 Guide
Top Lists3 years ago
Best Documentaries On Netflix – March 2016
New Releases On Netflix2 years ago
April 2017 Netflix New Releases
Coming Soon3 years ago
‘Shadowhunters’ on Netflix Streaming?